the skeletal system 1-2
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what are the components of the skeletal system.
- skeletal muscles
- joints and bursae
what are the 6 main functions of the skeletal system?
- supports entire body
- provides system of levers in which enable muscles to work
- protective mechanism for internal organs
- protects spinal cord
- bones act as storage areas for bone marrow and minerals
- bones supprt and give shape to body
what are the four bone classifactions?
- long (femur and humerus)
- flat (sternum, scapula, pelvis)
- short (carpus, tarsus)
- irregular (vertebrae or inner ear, os penis of dog)
what are some facts and functions of the brain?
- includes cranium (brain case) and facial bones
- protects brain and organs
- skull bones immobile except mandiable
- skull bones united by sutures
facts and functions of cranial bones
- frontal bone forms forehead and helps form orbit
- parential bones form roof of mouth and upper part of skull
- occipital bone forms back of skull
facts and functions of facial bones
- maxilla-two maxxilary bones form upper jaw nose orbits and roof of mouth
- mandiable-forms lower jaw only movable jaw in skull
- turbinate bones of upper respiratory tract are within the maxillary bones
what are the four types of bite?
- scissor bite
- level bite
what is the hyoid bone?
cartialage or bone
main facts and functions of the vertebral column
- called spinal colum or backbone
- comprised of numerous vertebrae
what are the types of vertebrae?
- cervical vertebrae (neck)
- thoratic vertebrae (thoratic cavity)
- lumbar vertbrae (lower back)
- sacral vertebrae (pelvic)
- coccygeal vertebrae (tail)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview