Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what is the 4 main functions of the muscular system?
- to acheive movement
- support and maintain posture
- produce body heat
- help form many internal organs such as heart uterus lungs and intestines
what are the main facts and functions of muscles?
- three types skeletal smooth and cardiac
- form of body determined by muscles covering bones
- comprised of long slender cells called fibers
- fibers contract causing movement
main functions of skeletal muscles
- used during activities as walking eating eye movement and tail wagging
- voluntary muscles (controlled at will)
main functions of cardiac muscles
- involuntary muscle found in heart
- controlled by autonomic nervous system
main functions of the smooth muscles
- move digestive tract, secretory glands and blood vessels
- sheet of fibers wrapped around tubes and vessels
- found in body parts such as stomach intestines uterus blood vessels and iris of eye
where do the muscles attatch?
- voluntary muscles attatch to bone
- in larynx and thorax attatch to cartilage
name 3 special muscles and there functions
- arrector pili-smooth muscle attaatched to dorsum contract when stimulated to raise hair on back
- cutaneous trunci-attatched to dermis, causes insect repelling skin twitch in large animals such as horses
- cremaster-raises and lowers testicles in response to temperature
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview