Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what are the four parts included in the cardio system?
- blood vessels
- blood circulation
name the main facts and functions of the heart
- devided into four chambers
- right ventricle left ventricle
- right atrium left atrium
heart is seperated from the thoratic cavity wall by the lungs and the pleura
what is the cardiac cycle?
- contraction (systole)
- relaxation (diastole)
- of the atria and the ventricles
name the three types of blood vessels
capillaries, veins, arteries
name the main facts and functions of the arteries
- carry oxygenated blood from the heart to the body
- thick elasticated walls
- deeper than veins
facts and functions of veins
- hollow tubes simialar to arteries with thinner less elastic walls
- transport blood back to the heart
- veins have backflow valves to prevent backflow in the veins
main functions and facts on capillaries
distribute the blood to the tissues from the aterioles pick up the blood and return it to the venules
main facts and functions of blood
- 60% liquid (plasma)
- 40% formed elements such as WBC,RBC,and PLts
- transports oxygen
- distributes nutrience
- collects waste products delivers to excretory organs for excretion
what is the pulse?
pulse is produced by the blood pumping out of the heart and into the aorta
how does the blood circulate through the body, explain systemic circulation?
comprised of portal circulation (through the liver) and the pulmonary circulation (through the lungs)
what are the main vessels for venupuncture?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview