Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what is included in the genito system?
reproductive and urinary systems of both sexes
which organs are included in the genito system?
- urinary tract
- male repro organs
- female repro organs
main functions of urinary tract/system
formation transportation storage and elimination of urine
main functions of kidneys
- filter the blood and remove waste products of metabolism in the form of urine
- kidneys are outside the peritoneal cavity
- the speed of kidney filtration is directly affected by blood pressure
function of ureters
two tubes whose function is to transport urine from the kidneys to the bladder
main functions of bladder
- serves as reservoir for the storage of urine
- when bladder is full sense receptors trigger the urge to eliminate urine
- process of eliminating urine is called micturition, voiding or urinating
main functions of urethra
opening in which urine is excreted from the body
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview