What are the five reasons embalmers should study pathology?
1. to recognize the pathological conditions which require special procedures in the removal, handling, preparation, and disposition of human remains
2. to deminstrate knowledge of the terminology which will enable competent communication with members of the medical profession and other health field members
3. to understand why cooperation in community programs for controlling diseases and promoting medical research is important
4. to recognize, prior to and during the procedure of embalming, the problems presented by disease processes and etiological factors
5. to understand the benefits derived from the post-modern examination of human remains