Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is Newon 1st law of motion?
- A body will remain at rest or in uniform motion in a straight line until an external unbalanced force acts on that body to change its state of motion.
- Example: Player running in football in a straight line bumped by opponent, changes direction.
What is Newton's 2nd law of motion?
- The amount of acceleration produced when an unbalanced force acts on a body is proportional to the size of that force.
- Example: Player in f/ball being bumped, the acceleration(energy) is transferred so that the bumped player accelerates as the same
- speed as the player who bumped them.
What is Newon's 3rd law of motion?
- For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction
- Exmaple: Vertical jump. by pressing into the ground the opposite reaction is an upward m/ment.
What is Newton's 1st law of angular motion?
- A rotating body will continue to turn about its axis of rotation with constant angular momentum unless an external couple or eccentric force is exerted on it.
- Example: Spinning a ball on fingers and adding eccentric force to speed up (torque)
What is Newton's 2nd law of angular motion?
- The angular acceleration of a body is proportional to the torque causing it and takes place in the direction in which the torque acts.
- Example: Spinning ball on finger; the faster you spin it, the faster the ball will go in that direction.
What is Newton's 3rd law of angular motion?
- For every torque that is exterted by one body on another, there is an equal and opposite torque exterted by the second body on the first.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview