Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is extrication?
The removal from entrapment or from a dangerous situation or position
What is Entrapment?
Means being caught within a closed area with no way out or having a limb or other body part trapped
Who is incharge of teh scene?
What is EMS personnel resposible for at a scene?
- Assessing and providing immediate medical care
- Triage and assigning priority to pts
- Packaging pts
- Providing additional assessment and care as needed once pts are removed
- Providing transport to ER
- First try to unlock the doors or roll down windows. ( ask the pt to unlock )
- Try to open every door using the door handle to gain access before breaking any windows or using other methods of force.
- 1. Provide manual stabilization to protect the cervical spine, as needed
- 2. Open the airway
- 3. Provide high flow oxygen
- 4. Assist or provide for adequate ventilation
- 5. Control bleeding any significant external bleeding
- 6. Treat all critical injuries
Removal and transfer
Reevaluate whether the pt needs to be immediately removed by using manual immobilization and the rapid extrication tech
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview