Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is extrication?
The removal from entrapment or from a dangerous situation or position
What is Entrapment?
Means being caught within a closed area with no way out or having a limb or other body part trapped
Who is incharge of teh scene?
What is EMS personnel resposible for at a scene?
- Assessing and providing immediate medical care
- Triage and assigning priority to pts
- Packaging pts
- Providing additional assessment and care as needed once pts are removed
- Providing transport to ER
- First try to unlock the doors or roll down windows. ( ask the pt to unlock )
- Try to open every door using the door handle to gain access before breaking any windows or using other methods of force.
- 1. Provide manual stabilization to protect the cervical spine, as needed
- 2. Open the airway
- 3. Provide high flow oxygen
- 4. Assist or provide for adequate ventilation
- 5. Control bleeding any significant external bleeding
- 6. Treat all critical injuries
Removal and transfer
Reevaluate whether the pt needs to be immediately removed by using manual immobilization and the rapid extrication tech
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview