The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
used for removal of begning and cancerous lesions.
done w/ use of operating microscope'
may employ forceps, scissors, CO2 laser?
remove lesion by only taking as much VF tissue as necessary and preserving as much of the mucosa as possible.
Two methods of VF medialization: ?
- 1. Intrafold injection
- 2. medialization surgery
Two methods of VF medialization: for pts with?
- unilateral paralysis
- Glottic incompetency
Two methods of VF medialization:
medialization surgeries are?
- 1. augmentation
- 2. medial shift of thyroid cart
- 3. rotation of arytenoid cart
Neuromuscular surgery for ? is ?
- VF paralysis
- reinnercation of RLN
web is sectioned or removed with a CO2 laser
A keel or silicone plate is then inserted to prevent the VFs from post-surgical union
- propranolol (beta blocker)
- Primidone (anticonvulsant)
Amp of tremor can be ___ but not the __?
____ exs ?
- Crescendo (soft to loud)
- negative compensatory strategies
- diff pitch and loudness
TX for VF Papilloma:
1. ___ for aggressive VFP
2. ___ alters growth pattern of VFP
3. ____ antiviral injected into the papillomas
4.____ chemo, blocks growth of papillomas
pulse dye laser
- 1. Interferons
- 2. Indole 3 carbinol
- 3. Cidofovir
- 4. Methatrexate
voice tx to (3)?
- botox injections
- RLN resection
- 1. eliminate neg comp strat
- 2. improve breath support
- 3. dec muscle tension in jaw, face, neck, shoulders
Paradoxical VF movement
relaxed ____ during stridor?
may also need ?
- "sniffing" as exaggerated inhalation
- throat breathing
- generalized relaxtion, digital manipulation
- In-depth self-awareness of breathing process
PVFM- Martin, Blager, Gay, et. al
Diaphragmatic breathing w/ emphasis on?
- through nose w/ lips closed
- tongue posture
- audible exhalation through pursed lips or production of /s/
1. sustained loud /a/
2. pitch glides up and down
3. use of loud voice for functional phrases, sentences, etc.
4. take use of loud voice out of clinic into public settings
Research shows incr ___, ____, and improved___?
- incr glottic closure, louder voice
- vocal quality, improved articulation & swallowing
Myasthenia Gravis- TX with _____?
Other progressive neuological diseases- tx techniques are dependent on ?
For many prognosis is poor and an ___ is necessary?
medication- Pyrigdostigmine (anti-cholinesterase) delays destruction of acetylcholine at NMJ
characteristics of disease- strain/strangled, weak, breathy, etc.
TBI, Hyperkinetic Dysarthria, CP
1. Address ___- inc ___ & in both ___ and ____?
2. Teach ___ to dec___?
3. Utilize ___
4. Use ___ tx
- inspiratory and expiratory volume
- easy onsets
- excessive muscle activity
- aspiration , ie. air flow prior to voicing
- Lee Silverman Voice