Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- author "me"
- tags ""
- description ""
- fileName "108 combat"
- freezingBlueDBID -1.0
- detect to engage
- depends on the type of ship , available weapon and threat
- shoot the archer not the arrow
command and control warfare
communications needed during warfare from the battle group commander down to the fighting ship
naval surface fire support
provides gunfire support to prepare an area prior to landing amphibious forces or to support those forces already landed
anti submarine warfare
anti surface warfare
anti ship missile defense
- a subsonic, low altitude cruise missile for use against surface targets only
- designed as all up round for all weather operations and is capable of engaging over the horizon targets
long range, sub sonic, land attack and anti ship missile with a solid propellant booster and a liquid propellant turbo fan engine
vertical launched arsoc (anti submarine rocket)
launched from surface ships from the vertical launch system.allows the firing craft a stand off distance against a hostile submarine, once the rocket motor burns out, it is separated from the torpedo itself.the torpedo will continue on its trajectory into the water
represents the largest group of guided missile in the sms arsenal used primarily against air targets
- sm-1 mr medium range
- sm-2 er extended range
- sm-2 used on vertical launching system ship.
- a self propelled, high speed deep running under water missile used against surface and subsurface targets
- guidance system are either
- wire guided
- destroyer type ship launch torpedoes from tubes mounted topside
provides a technical to tactical interpretation of combat system status for tao
control and coordination of the technical operations within combat system
More Information >>
- Source: Blade Runner on Freebase, licensed under CC-BY
- Other content from Wikipedia, licensed under CC BY-SA
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview