Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- author "me"
- fileName "ac& r"
- tags ""
- description ""
- type of air conditioning plants and refrigerant units we have
- 80 tons reciprocating water chilled
- 1.1 ton reciprocating refrigerant unit
- function is to pump and compress low pressure refrigerant vapor in the condenser where at higher pressure it is condensed to a liquid
- draws the refrigerant suction vapor gas from the water chiller and delivers it to the condenser at an increased pressure and temperature
chill water pump
- centrifugal type
- used to take suction from water chiller from their from their chilled water is pumped to various places throughout the ship
2 major machinery spaces utilizing chilled water
- shell and tube heat exchanger
- sea water flowing through the condenser tubes serves to condense the compressed gaseous refrigerant flowing over the tubes by absorbing latent heat from it.at the same time the refrigerant is also lowered in temperature
serves as a liquid refrigerant reservoir when there are surges due to load changes in the system and as a storage space when pumping down the system
freeze box/chill box
provide sufficient refrigeration to lower product temperatures to the design room temperatures and preserves food consumed by s/f
serves as a heat exchanger from the products that are stored in the freeze/chill boxes liquid refrigerant is flowing through the evaporator coils
More Information >>
- Source: Blade Runner on Freebase, licensed under CC-BY
- Other content from Wikipedia, licensed under CC BY-SA
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview