Bio_ RNA & protein synthesis.txt
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
How are protiens made?
By joining amino acids into long chains called polyptides
What are polypeptides?
Long chains of amino acids
How is the type of protien determined?
The order the amino acids are in
What is the "language" of mRNA
What is a codon made out of?
What is the start codon that begins translation?
What stop codon that ends translation?
AAU GAU AGU
What is translation
The decoding of the mRNA message
Where does translation happen?
What are the three types of RNA
- Messenger RNA
- Ribosomal RNA
- Transfer RNA
Name the 4 differnt nitrogen bases
The diferrence between RNA and DNA
- •RNA has a ribose sugar when DNA has a deoxiribose suger
- •RNA is single stranded and DNA is two strands double helix
- •RNA contains uracil instead of thymine
What are the jobs of the three different types of RNA?
- Messenger RNA- carries DNA sequence to the ribosome.
- Ribosomal RNA- it joins the two ammino acids.
- Transfer RNA- carries amino acid to the codon on mRNA
What are the two man steps of protien synthesis?
- Transcription- copying or transcribing the message from DNA
- Translation- translating that message into the corect protien
What information of the DNA is carried to the ribosomes in the mRNA that is produced
Protien making (guidelines)
What is the end result of translation?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview