The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the definition of accounting?
The process of identifying, measuring and communicating financial information about an entity.
What is the contingency approach?
- Describes the process of creating a control system for a given set of purposes.
- Control systems depend on: The external environent of the business, the production technology, the size of the organization and the corporate strategy
What is strategic management accounting?
- Identification, measurement and communication of cost data.
- In situations, where the organization is being judged against the performance of competitors
What is the management functions?
- -Immediate future
- -Long term
- eg. sales, producation capital expenditure
- Decision making
- -About resources
- -About activities
- -Financial matters, particularly cost
- -Impact on employees
- -Impact on competitors
- -Is and outcome in accordance with the initial plans and objectives?
- -Plans include costs and profit
- -Timely, relevant and accurate information
- -Cost measurement
- -Effective communication
- -Organizational structure
- -Responsibility and authority
Functions of management accounting?
- Directing attention
- who should take action?, who is responsible?
- Fairness and timeliness, responsibility, regognize achievements, demonstrate accountability
- Keeping score
- How much? how many?
- Record keeping
- Completeness and fairness (matching cost to itmes, time periods)
- Solving problems
- Why did that plan go well? Why did that action fail?
- Base for understanding the problem