Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Acquisitions implementing OMB (office of Mgnt & Budget) Circular A-76, as modified, which implements the Executive Branch's general policy to rely upon private enterprise for commercially available goods and services.
Procedure under the Contract Disputes Act whereby an appellant before an agency board of contract appeals can elect, for certain small claims, to have a decision issued on a claim within 6 mos after making the election.
Administrative Contracting Officer (responsible for contract administration)
A plan for managing the overall strategy for a proposed acquisition.
Alternative Dispute Resolution
A contract alternation that does not affect the substantive rights of the parties.
ADMINISTRATIVE CONTRACTING OFFICER
The contracting officer that administers a particular contract.
Monetary advance made by the government to a contractor prior to, but in anticipation of, contract performance.
A cost that is assignable of chargeable to one or more cost objectives in accordance with the relative benefits received other equitable relationship.
- Any cost that can be included in prices, cost reimbursements, or settlements under the contract to which it is allocable.
- ( to be allowable, a cost must meet 5 basic requirement:)
TO BE ALLOWABLE, 5 BASIC REQUIREMENTS:
- The cost is:
- 1) Reasonable
- 2) Allocable (to the contract)
- 3) Treatment of the cost is in accordance w/the Cost Accounting Standards
- Pg XXXIV
ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION
A procedure used instead of litigation to resolve a dispute, including mini-trial, settlement judge, mediation, or arbitration, or combinations thereof.
Notice to a board of contract appeals that a Contracting Officer's final decision is being appealed.
ARMED SERVICES PROCUREMENT ACT
General federal statute that governs contracting by the Department of Defense and its military services.
ARMED SERVICES BOARD OF CONTRACT APPEALS
determining the existence of recorded assets and inclusiveness of recorded liabilities
- BUY AMERICAN ACT
- Federal law that carries out the government's preference for the use of American-made materials and the purchase of domestically-manufactured goods by requiring that acquisitions for public use be for materials, supplies, or articles substantially composed of domestic products.
Board of Contract Appeals Decisions
A surety bond that indemnifies the government against a winning bidder's failure to execute the contract documents and proceed with performance (called a Bid Guarantee).
- A written objection by an interested party to any of the following:
- Pg XXXVI
- Blanket Purchase Agreement
- A simplified purchasing method used by agencies to fill anticipated repetitive needs for supplies or services by establishing charge accounts w/qualified sources.
BOARDS OF CONTRACT APPEALS
Judicial-type administrative boards established by the various government procuring agencies to hear and decide government contract disputes.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview