Oracle OCP 9i to 11g Load and Unload Data
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
Which view shows which platforms are supported for Cross Platform tablespace transport?
What must the source and target database share for transportable tablespaces?
Character set and national character set
What cannot be transported in transportable tablespaces?
- SYSTEM tablespace or objects owned by the user SYS
- Materialized Views
- A table partition, the entire table must be transported
Which view will show you what platform you are on?
V$database (select platform_name from v$database)
Which view will show the endian format of your platform?
Which utility can be used to check if a tablespace is ready for transportation?
- DBMS_TTS.TRANSPORT_SET_CHECK( TS_LIST=>'sales_1,sales_2', INCL_CONSTRAINTS =>TRUE,FULL_CHECK =>TRUE)
To use DBMS_TTS, what role must you have been granted?
Which view shows what issues should be addressed before transporting a tablespace?
Which utility is used for transporting a tablespace?
What utility is used for converting tablespaces to a different platform?
What can you do with Export and Import Data Pump utilities?
- export and import data faster than Old export/import utilities
- estimate job times
- perform fine-grained object selection
- monitor jobs effectively
- directly load one database from a remote instance
- call the utilities from PL/SQL using Data Dump API
- stop, resume and restart the utilities
- attach a running job to monitor jobs, as well as to modify certain parameters interactively.
- have fine-grained data import capability
- remap objects of a specific schema to another schema
Which package contains the main Data Pump utilities?
Which packaged is used to extract data dictionary data?
When cannot the direct method method be used to access tables in data pump?
- Clustered tables
- Presence of active triggers in the tables
- Export of a single partition in a table with a global index
- Presence of referential integrity constraints
- Presence of domain indexes on LOB columns
- Tables with fine-grained access control enabled in the insert mode
- Tables with BFILE or opaque type columns
Where is the default data pump directory located?
- The one defined by DATA_PUMP_DIR in DBA_DIRECTORIES
In Data Pump what does the parameter DIRECTORY:FILE do?
- Allows the Directory and the filename to be defined in one command
- expdp LOGFILE=dpump_dir2:salapati.log
If you choose to use your own export directory in data pump, what option must be used
How is the OS variable DATA_PUMP_DIR be used?
- If DIRECTORY is not given in the expdp command, this can be used to define the export directory
- NB The directory must be in DBA_DIRECTORIES
What is the dm00 process?
The data pump Master Process.
What does the data pump Master Process do?
- Creates jobs and controls them
- Creates and manages the worker processes
- Monitors the jobs and logs the progress
- Maintains the job state and restart information in the master table
- Manages the necessary files, including the dump file set
Where is Master Process table created?
In the schema of the executing user.
Which data pump parameter controls how many worker processes are spawned?
How are the data pump worker processes called at OS level?
- Where nn is the number of the process.
What are the data pump client processes?
expdp and impdp
What are the data pump export modes?
- Full export mode: using FULL parameter
- Schema mode: using SCHEMAS parameter
- Tablespace mode: using TABLESPACES and/or TRANSPORT_TABLESPACES parameters
- Table mode: using TABLES parameter
Which data pump parameter will suppress logfile generation?
Which data pump parameter will specifiy the maximum size of the export file?
What does data pump TRANSPORT_FULL_CHECK parameter do?
Checks to make sure that the tablespaces you are trying to transport meet all the conditions.
What are the possible options for the data pump CONTENT parameter?
- ALL exports data and definitions (metadata).
- DATA_ONLY exports only table rows.
- METADATA_ONLY exports only metadata (this is equivalent to rows=n)
What are the possible options for data pump EXCLUDE and INCLUDE parameter?
- A list of objects types to exclude or include
- THEY ARE MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE
How can one selectively export table row data using data pump?
- Using the Query parameter
- QUERY=SCOTT.EMP:"WHERE sal > 3000"
What is the default ESTIMATION method in data pump?
What are the ESTIMATION methods options in data pump?
Blocks and Statistics
How can data pump get an estimate of the export filesize?
What role do you require to attach and control Data Pump jobs of other users?
EXP_FULL_DATABASE or IMP_FULL_DATABASE
What command allows connection to a running data pump job?
What command stops a running Data Pump job?
What command restarts a Data Pump job?
What command terminates a Data Pump job?
What does the Data Pump command KILL_JOB do?
Kills the job drops the master table
What command allows a datafile to be added to a Data Pump job?
How can the current progress of a data pump job be found?
STATUS command in Data Pump
How can the default name of the export job be overidden?
What is the format for a default Data Pump job name?
- ie SYSTEM_EXPORT_FULL_01
When using the PARALLEL command, what souuld one consider about the export datafiles?
There should be the same number of datafiles as the degree of parallism.
What a the options for Data Pump COMPRESSION parameter?
ALL, DATA_ONLY, METADATA_ONLY, NONE
How do you extract the SQL from an export dump file?
How does one import the data from one user to another user?
- Using REMAP_SCHEMA
- REMAP_SCHEMA=OE:HR OE objects will be remapped to HR
What does the TRANSFORM Data Pump parameter do?
Allows the user to modify storage attributes
Which view shows a summary of currently running Data Pumps jobs?
Which view identifies the users essions currently attached to a Data Pump export or import job?
Which view shows progress of a Data Pump job?
What is not permitted for external tables that is for normal tables?
- VIRTUAL COLUMNS
Which two utilities can utilise external tables
What clause defines create external table?
What clauses in create external table can speed up reading?
- PROECT COLUMN REFERENCED
What does DROP TABLE do for an external table?
Drops metadata only, not the underlying data
What is REJECT LIMIT for external table. What is the max value?
- Number of row that can be rejected before and error is generated.
What are the only ALTER TABLE allowed against external tables?
- REJECT LIMIT
- DEFAULT DIRECTORY
- PROJECT COLUMN ALL
- PROJECT COLUMN REFERENCED
Which table can be usered to show datapump tasks running for the current user?
What expdp parameter would allow an 11g export to be imported into a 10g database?
If one creates an external table with and AS subquey, which access driver MUST be used?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview