Chem Chap 8+9 Test
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
How To Find Molar Mass (Basically the mass of a compound)
Find the individual masses on your chart and multiply and add according to the formula.
How To Calculate Moles When Given A Weight
- 1. Find Molar Mass (of the Compound)
- 2. Divide the given weight by this number
How To Find Percent By Mass
- 1. Find Molar Mass (of the compound)
- 2. Divide the mass of one element by the molar mass of the molecule.
- 3. Change decimal into Percent
How To Find Imperical Formula When Given A Molecular Formula
Just make everything smaller. If you can.
How To Determine The Empirical Formula When Given Percentages
Turn Everything into moles and divide the larger one by the smaller one (Ratio).
How To Find The Molecular Formula Using Molar Mass and Empirical Formula
Divide molar mass by mass of the empirical formula to find subscripts.
How to Find How Many Moles And Grams Of A Product There Will be
See first page of chap 9 homework.
How To Do Limiting Reactant Equations
- 1. Balance equation
- 2. Convert known masses of reactants to moles
- 3. Determine which reactant is limiting
- 4. Find the number of moles of the desired product(s) by looking at the subscripts
- 5. Change the moles into grams
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview