The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Explain the parts of the five step process as they apply to ORM.
- Identify hazards- a condition that may cause death, injury or damage
- Assessing hazards- identify and determine degree of risk
- Making risk decisions- identify control options, determine the effect, decide how to proceed
- Implementing controls- plan is clearly communicated to all involved personnel
- Supervising- monitor, determine further assessment, capture lessons learned
Define High Risk course
Probability of loss or an increased level of severity.
Discuss what type of courses is considered high risk.
Basic or advanced training which exposes personnel to potential risks.
Discuss the difference between these types of courses.
- Voluntary- sailor enrolled and has ability to DOR.
- Non-Voluntary- sailor is enrolled through accession
Discuss what DOR is and the procedures for conducting one.
Student needs only make intentions to quit to be dropped.
Discuss what TTO is and the procedures for conducting one.
Training will immediately cease until situation is resolved.
Discuss the purpose of the EAP and how often it must be reviewed.
- Internal plan to aid personnel involved in a mishap
- -Walkthrough: quarterly
- -Fully Exercised: annually
Discuss periodic requirements for safety stand downs.
Discuss the following as it applies to high risk instructors:
Site Augment Plans
Special Course Indicator Code
Core Unique Instructor Training
Instructor Screening Process
Training Safety Officer
- Mishap reporting- report and record all training
- Training mishap- mishap that occurs during training
- Site Augment Plans- CCA developed for all high risk courses with unique training situations
- Special Course Indicator Code- Voluntary Training: code of A or D.
- Core Unique Instructor Training- designed to prepare instructor to teach high risk course
- Instructor Screening Process- gaining activity shall contact detaching activity with tailored screen requirements, service record screening, physical requirements, medical officer interview, and CO interview.
- Evaluation Process- evaluate instructor in classroom and labs
- Training Safety Officer- ensure safety during training is adequant.
Discuss the importance of heat/cold stress, monitoring, and control in a training environment.
Ensures Sailors are prepared to participate in training.