Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
State the purpose of the Navy Training System.
A systamatic appoach for determining how best to accomplish training.
Define the most essential link in the training chain.
State and Discuss the three qualities of an efficent and effective instructor.
- Knowledge: SME
- Ability: Leadership, authority, disciplining and rewarding.
- Personality:be likeable, no profanity, no sarcasm, and be sincere. If you dont know the answer, ADMIT IT.
Discuss the instructor’s responsibilities to:
- Students- teach effectively, set a good example, and resolve conflicts
- Training Safety- demonstrates proper safety procedures.
- Security- Never downplay the importance of security of classified material.
- Curriculum- ensures course curriculum is current and accurate.
List and discuss the four principles of John Keller’s model of motivational theory.
- Attention- captures their attention and focuses their thinking
- Relevance- understands and applies what is being taught.
- Confidence- set challenging but achievable goals
- Satisfaction- maintains high standards and recognizes student’s attainment to those standards.
List and discuss the key principles of applying motivation theory in training situation.
- -Needs and Drives: something desirable causes a desire for satisfaction.
- -Attitudes: positive reinforcements cause a desire to learn.
- -Achievements: goal or desired objective
- -Values: motivation technique which fits student’s values
- -Interests: activity is worthwhile or enjoyable
- -Incentives: rewards (good grades) motivates students to achieve
State the Ultimate goal of instruction
Students remain motivated beyond the instructors influence, take what they learned and apply it to their jobs.
State and discuss the six laws of learning.
- Readiness- physical and mentally ready
- Exercise- practice makes perfect
- Effect- feeling of satisfaction or reward
- Primacy- learned first leaves unshakable impression
- Intensity- stimulus is real
- Recency- things learned last will be best remembered.
State and discuss five ways of learning.
- Imitation- repeated behavior
- Trial and Error- hands on experience
- Association- comparison
- Insight- ideals and concepts from trial and error
- Transfer- applies past learning to similar to sentences.
Discuss how motivation affects student learning.
Motivation has more impact than scholastic ability.
State and discuss the types of sensory learners.
- *Sensory learning in the first type of learning to any human*
- -Visual: early learning from seeing and imitating.
- -Auditory: second most importance, large percentage of learning capacity.
- -Kinesthetic: muscle memory
State and discuss the four basic learning styles
- Concrete- experienced based 75%
- Active- trial and error appeals to them 90%
- Reflective- comparisons and contrast 50%
theory based, analytical approach 25%
Discuss the barriers of effective communication.
- Lack of common core experience- all students share different experiences
- Overuse of abstractions- speak in concrete terms, be specific.
- Fear- greatest barriers of communication Environmental Factors- noise and temperature
State and discuss the purpose of an effective communication process.
- Exchange of information, consists of a
- -Delivery Vehicle
Discuss the importance of listening communication skills.
Demands the students concentration and attention
Describe six factors that must be considered in planning instructional delivery.
- -Rate of Speech
State and discuss the importance of body movement as an importance part of successful communication.
Reinforces, emphasizes, and clarifies verbally expressed ideas.
State and discuss the four purposes of oral questioning.
- -Focus attention
- -Arouses interest
- -Drills students
- -Stimulates thinking
State and discuss the characteristics of a good oral question.
- Clarity of meaning- make question brief
- Level of Instruction- use simple words.
- Use of an interrogative- students know that you’re asking a question.
Discuss the types and purpose of oral questions.
- -Multiple Answer:one correct answer
- -Yes/No: arouse interest
- -Canvassing:determine familiarity
- -Leading:suggest answer
- -Interest Arousing:focus attention
- -Factual Question:specific information
- -Thought Provoking:stimulates thinking
State the five steps of the five step questioning technique.
-Ask -Pause -Pick -Listen -Emphasize
List and discuss the different instructional methods.
- -Lecture -Lecture w/ audiovisuals
- -Lesson -Demonstrate
- -Role Playing -TDT
- -Gaming and Simulation
State and discuss the three parts of a learning objective.
- Behavior- result of learning experience
- Condition- performance requirements
- Standard- perform the behavior
Discuss the two methods of testing and their importance.
- Knowledge- written
- Performance- demonstration
Explain the five learning levels a knowledge test item may test.
- K-1:Recognition- verbatim identification
- K-2:Recall- responds from memory
- K-3:Comprehension- understanding not memorizing
- K-4:Application- use knowledge gained in job situation
- K-5:Analysis/Evaluation- value of effectiveness of procedures
Discuss the different types of performance test.
- Product- acceptable completed example
- Process- follows procedural steps
- Combination- of both product and process
List and describe the primary materials used in presenting instruction.
-Lesson Plan -Instructional Sheets -IMI/VI
Discuss student feedback/course critique.
- *Measures the following for course supervisors*
- -Training-Curriculum Effectiveness -Instructor Performance -Safety -Quality of Life
Discuss the following programs and include possible actions and responsibilities of an instructor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity – ensures all students have the same opportunity
- Navy Core Values- Honor, Courage, Commitment
- Sexual Harassment- unacceptable conduct that undermines the instructor’s integrity.
- Diversity- the different characteristics and attributes of individuals.
Discuss the Instructor Qualification Process.
Formal instructor training, formal process, ensure proficiency in technical and technique.
Discuss the Instructor disqualification factors and process.
- -Reclassified, 9502 removal, Reassignment
- *May requalify when deficiencies have been correcte*
Discuss the items with your mentor that can be found on the MTS COP.
- -MTS Program Manager
- -MTS PQS
- -Certificate Request
- -Program Description