The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Arguments for the right to healthcare:
- 1. Merit (sued by A.D.A. most likely).
- 2. Social Worth (Blue Ribbon group 60's).
- 3. Ability to pay
- 4. Need base
- 1. Universal and comprehensive.
- 2. fee for service.
- 3. fee for service and safety net.
- 4. Universal basic care (not comprehensive) [this includes all industrial countries except the USA]
highlights of Obama care in years
- ..1.parents insure kids till 26 yrs old.
- ..2. no exclusions for pre-existing conditions for children.
- ..3. Medicare switched to penalty/bonus system (30% for pateint satisfaction (were given cookies))
- ..1.Insurence exchanges (run by state & Gov)
- ..1.Business mandate 50+ employees or tax
- ..2.Individual Mandate or tax
- ..3.No exclusion for pre-existing conditions
- ..4.Tax Credit for low income
- ..5.Big expansion for Medicaid.
Good Samaritan law qualifications:
- 1. No expectation to pay.
- 2. Good faith.
- 3. No prior duty to treat.
- ........-Duty not to abandon.
Ways the Hippocratic oath can be broken.
- (term): Actual treatment caused harm.
- (term): The lack of treatment causes harm.