Orgo Ch 1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Different molecules having the same molecular formula.
- Example: ethanol vs. dimethyl ether (C2H6O)
- -Ethanol has hydroxide (OH) and DE has 2 methyl functional groups (CH3)
FIRST Exception to the Octet Rule
- Beryllium (Be) 4 e-
- Boron (B) 6 e-
Therefore highly reactive.
SECOND Exception to the Octet Rule
- Sulfur (S) 10 or 12 e-Phosphorus (P) 10 e-
Resonance Structure Rules
- 1) Placement of atoms and single bonds ALWAYS SAME.
- 2) Must have SAME # UNPAIRED ELECTRONS.
- 3) Must be valid lewis structures (check #e- around each element)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview