Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is Qian Hu's taste & property?
What are the actions & indications for Qian Hu?
- Redirect qi down & expel phlegm --> cough/wheezing w/thick sputum due to heat in LU
- Release the exterior (mostly for heat) --> W-H or W-C w/cough & copious sputum
Dosage for Qian Hu?
Compare Qian Hu & Chai Hu:
- Qian Hu --> dispel wind + transform phlegm + redirect LU qi down.
- Chai Hu --> dispel wind + release exterior + soothes LV qi + used for malarial dx
- (Can be used together)
What is Chuan Bei Mu's taste & property?
- Sl. Cold
- HT, LU
What is Zhe Bei Mu's property & taste?
- (Good to clear heat)
- LU, HT
What is Zhe Bei Mu's Actions & Indications?
- Clears & transform phlegm heat --> acute LU heat w/productive cough
- Clears heat & dissipate nodules --> LU/breast abscess
What is Zhe Bei Mu's dosage?
What is Chuan Bei Mu's Actions & Indications?
- Clear heat & transform phlegm --> many types of cough (mainly chronic), signs of yin deficiency, sl sputum difficult to expectorate, reduced appetite,stifling sensation of chest
- Clear heat & dissipate nodules -->sores, swellings, scrofula, LU/breast abscess
- Effect on smooth muscle
What is Chuan Bei Mu's Cautions & Contraindications?
Incompatible w/ Wu Tou
What is Chuan Bei Mu's dosage?
Compare Zhe Bei Mu & Chuan Bei Mu:
- Chuan Bei Mu --> transform phlegm, clear heat, stop cough, dissipate nodules, bitter, sweet (helps moistens the LU in dryness), sl cold in nature, chronic cough due to LU def
- Zhe Bei Mu --> transform phlegm, clear heat, stop cough, dissipate nodules, bitter & cold to drain fire, exterior conditions w/cough
What is Gua Lou (whole fruit of herb;Quan Gua Lou) Properties/Taste?
- LI, LU, ST
What are the actions & indications of Gua Lou?
- Clears heat & transform phlegm heat --> thick sputum and difficult to expectorate
- Expand the chest & dissipate nodules --> qi accumulates in chest leading to stifling sensation. Painful obstruction in the chest.
What are the contraindications of Gua Lou?
- Cold from def of SP, ST, phlegm-cold or phlegm-damp
- Incompatible with Wu Tou
What is the dosage of Gua Lou?
What are the properties of Gua Lou Ren?
What is Gua Lou Ren's actions & indications?
- Clears & transforms phlegm heat --> cool & moisten (good for cough w/chest pain)
- Expand the chest --> accumulation of phlegm in chest leading to stifling sensation, pain or pressure
- Moistens the intestines --> dry constipation w/LU heat, dry mouth, thirst & irritability
- Promote healing of sores --> breast abscess & swelling
What is Gua Lou Ren's contraindications?
diarrhea due to cold from def of SP or ST
What is Gua Lou Ren's dosage?
Compare Gua Lou Ren, Tao Ren and Huo Ma Ren:
- Gua Lou Ren --> Lubricates intestines, tx constipation due to heat in LU
- Tao Ren --> Lubricates intestines, tx constipation caused by blood stasis & heat
- Hua Ma Ren --> Tx constipation caused by def qi, induced dry intestines (esp for severe & predominant heat)
What is Gou Lou Pi's properties?
What is Gou Lou Pi (husk of fruit) actions & indications?
Clears LU, transform phlegm, regulate Qi and expand the chest -->dry cough, dry throat due to W-H
What is Tian Hua Fen (Gua Lou Gen)'s properties?
- Sl. Sweet
- LU, ST
What is Tian Hua Fen (aka Gua Lou Gen) Actions & Indications?
Relieve toxicity & Expel Pus
- Clear & drain LU heat, transform phlegm & moisten LU dryness --> heat led to dryness
- Drain heat & generate fluids -->Wasting & thirsting disorders (generate fluid), yin def thirst, heat injures fluids
--> hot toxic carbuncles & sores (topically or internally)
What is Tian Hua Fen (Gua Lou Gen)'s Contraindications?
- Diarrhea due to cold from def of SP/ST
What is Tian Hua Fen (Gua Lou Gen)'s dosage?
What is Zhu Ru (Bamboo shredding) Taste & Properties?
What is Zhu Ru Actions & Indications?
Clears & transform phlegm heat --> thick sputum
Clears heat & stop vomiting --> bitter/sour contents due to heat in ST w/bad breath, aversion to heat, yellow greasy tongue
Cools the Blood & stop bleeding
Zhu Ru C & C:
- Nausea & vomiting due
Fu Hai Shi (*) Taste & Properties?
Hai Ge Ke (*) clam shell: taste & properties?
- KD, LU, ST
Kun Bu (***): Properties & Taste?
Hai Zao (seaweed) (***) is good in clinical practice because:
- Decrease bad cholesterol
- Increase good cholesterol
- Effect blood pressure
- Tx thyroid disorder
Pang Dai Hai (*) Taste & Properties:
Ban Xia **** is very important category
CC --> any bleeding, def heat signs & pregnancy. Raw form only for external use.
- Bei Mu --> phelgm heat obstruction
- Ban Xia --> Phelgm cold obstruction
Tian Nan Xing (***)
Dan Nan Xing (****)= Tian Nan Xing + bovine bile
- *Tian Nan Xing: toxic
- Dry damp
- Disperse wind phlegm in channel & stop spasm
- LV, LU, SP
- *Dan Nan Xing:
- Transform phlegm-heat
- Mental restlessness, insomnia, depression
- LV, LU, SP, GB
Bai Fu Zi (***)
- Expel phlegm, dry dampness
- Expel wind-cold-damp & alleviate P! (Bi Syndrome)
- Relieves tox & dissipates nodules
- [Fu Zi = pre-decoct 2 hour ]