The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Tell me about commandments 1-5.
- have no other gods before me.
- not make unto thee any graven image.
- not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
- remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
- honor thy father and mother: that thy days may be long upon the land the Lord thy God giveth thee.
Tell me about the commandments 1-6.
- Thou shalt...
- not kill
- not commit adultery
- not steal
- not bear false witness against thy neighbor
- not covet
Tell me about the Greek and Roman Gods
- Greek Gods Roman Gods
- Zeus Jupiter
- Hera Juno
- Ares Mars
- Aphrodite Venus
- Artemis Diana
- Hermes Mercury
Tell me about the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
- The Great Pyramids
- Hanging Gardens
- Temple of Artemis
- Statue of Zeus
- The Mausoleum
- Pharos Lighthouse
- Colossus of Rhodes
Tell me about the split of the Roman Empire
The Roman Republic fought the Punic Wars, which were followed by the Pax Romana. In 286 AD, the empire divided into the Western and Eastern empires until Germanic barbarians defeated the Western Empire, in 476 AD.
Tell me about the fall of Rome.
Taxes, slavery, unemployment, and diseases all contributed to the fall of Rome.
Tell me about Hinduism.
- Hinduism, founded around 1500 BC, teaches Brahman is the "one great spirit" and that people are divided into castes.
- Founded around 530 BC, Buddhism teaches that Siddhartha was the enlightened one."
Tell me about the Age of Imperialism.
- During the Age of Imperialism, the British established Ruled over India in 1858, and Queen Victoria was declared the Empress of India in 1877.
- Before his assassination in 1948, Mohandas Gandhi led the passive resistance movement, which helped win India's independence.
Tell me about Confucius.
Confucius, who lived from 551 BC to 479 BC, taught obedience and respect. Taoism means "The Path" and emphasizes harmony with nature.
Tell me about the Heian Empire
As the Heian government weakened in Japan, Shoguns began to rule and expelled all foreigners during the period of isolation, Circa 1853, Commodore Matthew Perry of the U.S. restored trade, allowing the Meiji to modernize Japan.
Tell me about the Byzantine Empire.
In 313 AD, Byzantine Emperor Constantine legalized Christianity. Emperor Justinian's Code gave rights to all men. After Basil II and the Golden Age, Muslim Turks conquered parts of the Byzantine Empire, which led to the Crusades.
Tell me about the Muslim Empire.
In 622 AD, the Muslim Empire's religion was founded by Muhammad who worshiped Allah. The Ottoman Empire until weakness forced westernization.
Tell me about Kush.
The Kush mined gold along the Nile River from 2000 BC to 350 AD. The Berbers traded gold, iron, and salt in the desert.
Tell me about Songhai
In the 1400's, the Songhai ruled Timbuktu. The Zanj were skilled craftsmen and traders. The Zimbabweans were wealthy skilled stone craftsmen.