Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Definition of Mitosis
production of 2 cells, each with the identical number of chromosomes as the parental cell. Occurs in growth and healing.
Definition of Meiosis
reduces the amount of genetic material and the number of chromosomes by 1/2. Occurs in gamete production.
thread-like structures of genetic material before prophase
synthesis. Genetic material is replicated.
same size, shape, structure, and carry the same genes
haploid number; number of chromosomes in gametes
pairing up homologous chromosomes, then arranging them from largest to smallest.
- migration of 2 pairs of centrioles (a kind of organelle; go to opposite poles)
- break down of nuclear envelope
- chromatin coils and condenses to chromosomes
period of chromosome mvt
- centrioles are at opposite poles
- chromosomes at equitorial plate
- spindle fibers are now visible, extending from centrioles to chromosomes.
- separation of sister-chromatids
- chromatids become daughter chromosomes
- cleavage furrowing in animal cells
- cell plate in plant cells
- DNA uncoils
- opposite of prophase
the pairing of homologous chromosomes
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview