The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them.
And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so
And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven
For the life of the flesh is in the blood
And the LORD shall make you the head, and not the tail; and you shall be above only, and you shall not be beneath; if that you hearken unto the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day, to observe and to do them
2 kings 19:35
That night the angel of the Lord went out and put to death a hundred and eighty-five thousand men in the Assyrian camp. When the people got up the next morning—there were all the dead bodies!
As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend
For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.
Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart
He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn, and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun.
Psalm 45:7 / Hebrews 1:9
You love justice and hate evil. Therefore God, your God, has anointed you, pouring out the oil of joy on you more than on anyone else
- Surely he will never be shaken;a righteous man will be remembered forever.
- He will have no fear of bad news;his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.
- His heart is secure, he will have no fear
Those who sow in tears shall reap with shouts of joy!
- How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them,they would outnumber the grains of sand.
- When I awake,I am still with you.
- when you lie down, you will not be afraid;when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.
- Have no fear of sudden disasteror of the ruin that overtakes the wicked,
- for the Lord will be your confidenceand will keep your foot from being snared.
A good man leaves an inheritance for his children's children, but a sinner's wealth is stored up for the righteous.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death
Whoever loves money never has enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with their income. This too is meaningless.
God sits above the circle of the earth. The people below seem like grasshoppers to him!
Fear not, for I have redeemed you;I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters,I will be with you;and when you pass through the rivers,they will not sweep over you.When you walk through the fire,you will not be burned;the flames will not set you ablaze.
For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
- For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, and returns not there, but waters the earth, and makes it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
- So shall my word be that goes forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
The Lord replied, “Don’t say, ‘I’m too young,’ for you must go wherever I send you and say whatever I tell you. And don’t be afraid of the people, for I will be with you and will protect you
"For I hate divorce!" says the LORD, the God of Israel. "To divorce your wife is to overwhelm her with cruelty," says the LORD of Heaven's Armies. "So guard your heart; do not be unfaithful to your wife."
- “Blessed are the poor in spirit,for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
- Blessed are those who mourn,for they will be comforted.
- Blessed are the meek,for they will inherit the earth.
- Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,for they will be filled.
- Blessed are the merciful,for they will be shown mercy.
- Blessed are the pure in heart,for they will see God.
- Blessed are the peacemakers,for they will be called children of God.
- Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
- “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.
- Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
- “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.
- “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.
In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
- “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’
- But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.
Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
- Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.
- But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.
- For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Matthew 6:22 - 23
- “The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light.
- But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
John answered, "The man with two tunics should share with him who has none, and the one who has food should do the same."
John 4:37 - 38
- One sows, and another reaps.
- I sent you to reap that on which you bestowed no labor: other men labored, and you are entered into their labors
I came that they may have life and have it abundantly
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
- For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,m neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,
- neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved
Accept the one whose faith is weak without quarreling over disputable matters.
1 Corinthians 3:6-8
- I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
- So then neither is he that plants anything, neither he that waters; but God that gives the increase.
- Now he that plants and he that waters are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labor.
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
- Or do you not know that the unrighteousb will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,
- nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
- And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God
1 Corinthians 10:23
You say, "I am allowed to do anything"--but not everything is good for you. You say, "I am allowed to do anything"--but not everything is beneficial.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
- Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
- It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
- Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
- It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
- Love never fails
1 Corinthians 15:33
Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character."
2 Corinthians 3:17
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
2 Corinthians 10:5
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ
- But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
- gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us
Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do, because you are his dear children.
Ephesians 6:12 - 13
- For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
- Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
- Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,
- and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.
- In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
- Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.
1 Timothy 6:4-5
- they are conceited and understand nothing. They have an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions
- and constant friction between people of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.
1 Timothy 6:6
godliness with contentment is great gain
1 Timothy 6:7-8
- we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it.
- But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.
1 Timothy 6:9-10
- Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction.
- For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.
1 Timothy 6:17-19
- Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment.
- Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share.
- In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life.
2 Timothy 1:7
for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control
2 Timothy 2:14 - 15
- Warn them before God against quarreling about wordsit is of no value, and only ruins those who listen.
- Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
2 Timothy 2:23 - 24
- Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels.
- And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.
2 Timothy 2:25
GENTLY INSTRUCT those who oppose the truth. Perhaps God will change those people’s hearts, and they will learn the truth
2 Timothy 3:16-17
- All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
- That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted.
in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive
For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet he did not sin.
- Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,“Never will I leave you;never will I forsake you.”
- So we say with confidence,“The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.What can man do to me?
If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him
For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.
1 Peter 3:15
But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,
2 Peter 2:19
They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves of depravity—for “people are slaves to whatever has mastered them.”
1 John 2:15-17
- Do not love the world or anything in the world.
- If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them.
- For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world.
- The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.
, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me
No weapon formed against you shall prosper and you will refute every tongue that accuses you.
1 John 4:4
The one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.
Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness but rather expose them.
Serve wholeheartedly as if serving the Lord, not people, because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do.
The Lord will go before you. The God of Israel will be your rear guard.
1 John 3:17
If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them how can the love of God be in that person? Dear children let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith, and this is not from yourselves. It is the gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast.
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.
As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
He will again have compassion on us, and will subdue our iniquities. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea.
Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
So why do you keep calling me 'Lord, Lord!' when you don't do what I say?
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Wine is a mocker, strong drink a brawler, and whoever is led astray by it is not wise.
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
Who has woe? Who has sorrow? Who has strife? Who has complaining? Who has wounds without cause? Who has redness of eyes? Those who tarry long over wine; those who go to try mixed wine.
Open your mouth, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and the needy.
Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
Matthew 7:16 - 20
By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?
Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is a slave to sin.
Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her,
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. Let someone else praise you, and not your own mouth; an outsider, and not your own lips.
For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.