The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
introduction of dangerous chemicals , disease or infectious materials
critical incident stress management (CISM)
comprehensive system that includes education and resources to both prevent stress and to deal with stress appropriately when it occurs
removal or cleansing of dangerous chemicals and other dangerous or infectious materials
hazard material incident
release of harmful substance into the enviroment
multiple casualty incident (MCI)
emergency involving multiple patients
organisms that cause infection such as viruses and bacteria
personal protective equipment (PPE)
equipment that protects the EMS worker from infection and or exposure to the dangers of the rescue operation
standard precautions or BSI
- strict form of infection control that is based on the assumption that all blood and other body fluids are infectious
- BSI -body substance isolation
state of physical and or psychological asousal to a stimulus
contracted by exposure to patients blood and some other body fluids.
spread by tiny droplets sprayed during breathing, coughing, or sneezing. particles can be absorbed when you inhale or through eyes, mouth or nose
what type of mask is worn if you suspect TB?
N95 or high efficiency particulate air (HEPA) respirator
what are the 4 main diseases of concern?
HIV/Aids, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, tuberculosis
- an infection that causes inflammation of the liver.
- Hep A- acquired by food or water that was in contact with feces.
- Hep B&C - acquired by blood or other body fluids
- infection that sometimes settles in the lungs and that in some cases can be fatal.
- Highly contagious, spreads through the air
AIDS - acquired immune deficiency syndrome
set of conditions that results when the immune system has been attacked by HIV and rendered unable to combat certain infections adequately.
positive form of stress
negative form of stress
5 stages of grief
- 1) denial
- 2) anger
- 3) bargaining
- 4) depression
- 5) acceptance