Anatomy of the male
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what are the layers of the scrotum?
- Dartos fascia: continuation of membranous fascia
What is the blood supply to the scrotum?
- Anterior scrotal artery: from external pedundal from external iliac
- Posterior scrotal artery: from perineal artery from internal pedundal from internal iliac
what are the coverings of the spermatic cord?
- External spermatic fascia: from external oblique fascia
- Cremasteric muscle: from internal oblique muscle
- Internal spermatic fascia: Transverse fascia
what nerve suppilies the cremasteric muscle?
the genital branch of the genital femoral nerve
What are the contents of the spermatic cord?
- Testicular artery: Arises from abdominal aorta
- Testicular vein: Arise from testicle+epididymus
What is the pampiniform plexus?
the veins from the epididymus and testicle
what are the coverings of the testicle?
- Tunica vaginalis: Remanent of peritoneum
- Tunica Albugenea: what divides testicle into lobules
What is the function of the lydeg cells?
production of testosterone
What collects all the semineferous tubules?
What is the function of the epididymus?
- Storage of spermatozoa
- Maturation of spermatozoa
Where is a vasectomy performed?
on the vas deferens
What is the function of the seminal vesicle?
secretion of alkaline fluid for nourishment
where does the vas deferens open into?
the seminal vesicle
What is the ejaculatory duct?
vas deferens+ seminal vesicle
Where does the main arterial supply to the prostate branch from?
Inferior vesicular artery
What is the innervation of the male reproductive system?
- Parasympathetic: S2-S4
- Sympathetic: T12-L2
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview