Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the seven steps of MDMP?
- - Receipt of Mission
- - Mission Analysis
- - COA Development
- - COA Analysis & Wargaming
- - COA Comparison
- - COA Approval
- - Orders Production
What is an iterative planning methodology that integrates the activities of the commander, staff, subordinate headquarters, and other partners to understand the situation and mission; develop and compare courses of action; decide on a course of action that best accomplishes the mission; and produce an operation plan or order for execution?
Definition of MDMP.
MDMP facilitates what types of planning?
Collaborative and Parallel planning.
What measures do we use to develop units assessment plan?
- - Measures of Effectiveness (MOE)
- - Measures of Performance (MOP)
How many Warning Orders are issued during the seven steps of MDMP? After which step are each of them issued?
3 WARNO's are issued.
- - Step 1 (Receipt of Mission)
- - Step 2 (Mission Analysis)
- - Step 6 (COA Approval).
Who is the most important participant in the MDMP process?
Who manages and coordinates the entire staff; clearly understands the commanders guidance/intent; and provides timelines, briefing instructions, and additional instructions?
Chief of Staff / Executive Officer.
What are the nine Staff Characteristics?
- - Competence.
- - Loyalty.
- - Team Player.
- - Effectiveness.
- - Creativity.
- - Flexibility.
- - Effective Communicator.
- - Effective Manager.
- - Confidence.
In which staff characteristic must you be competent in all aspects of their functional responsibilities and know their duties?
In which staff characteristic do you anticipate requirements?
In which staff characteristic do you utilize creative thinking in researching solutions to difficult and unfamiliar situations/problems?
In which staff characteristic must you be mature with a presence of mind to keep from becoming overwhelmed or frustrated by changin requirements and priorities?
In which staff characteristic understands that all staff work serves the commander, even if he commander rejects the resulting recommendation?
In which staff characteristic tells the commander what they believe, not necessarily what the commander wants to hear?
In which staff characteristic do we know they cannot complete staff actions and staff work in a vacuum?
In which staff characteristic do you effectively manage time and resources?
In which staff characteristic must you have the ability to clearly articulate and effectively present information orally, in writing, and visually?
What type of plans work best?
Simple, flexible plans.
How many substeps are in Step 1: Receipt of Mission?
- 6 substeps.
- - Alert the staff and other key participants.
- - Gather the tools.
- - Update running estimates.
- - Conduct initial assessment.
- - Issue the commander's initial guidance.
- - Issue the warning order (WARNO).
How many substeps are in Step 2: Mission Analysis?
- 19 substeps.
- - Analyze the higher HQs plan or order.
- - Perform initial IPB.
- - Determine specified, implied, and essential tasks.
- - Review available assets and identify resource shortfalls.
- - Determine contraints.
- - Identify critical facts and develop assumptions.
- - Begin Composite Risk Management. - Develop initial CCIRs and EEFIs.
- - Develop initial R&S synchronization tools.
- - Develop R&S plan.
- - Update plan for the use of available time.
- - Develop initial themes and messages.
- - Develop a proposed problem statement.
- - Develop a proposed mission statement.
- - Present the mission analysis briefing.
- - Develop and issue initial commander's intent.
- - Develop and issue initial planning guidance.
- - Develop COA evaluation criteria.
- - Issue a warning order.
How many substeps are in Step 3: COA Development?
- 8 substeps.
- - Assess relative combat power.
- - Generate options.
- - Array forces.
- - Develop a broad concept.
- - Assign headquarters.
- - Develop COA statements and sketches.
- - Conduct COA briefing.
- - Select or modify COAs for continued analysis.
How many substeps are in Step 4: COA Analysis & War Gaming?
- 8 substeps.
- - Gather the tools.
- - List all friendly forces.
- - List assumptions.
- - List known critical events and decision points.
- - Select the war-gaming method.
- - Select a technique to record and display results.
- - Wargame the operation and assess the results.
- - Conduct a war-game brief.
How many substeps are in Step 5: COA Comparison?
- 3 substeps.
- - Conduct advantages and disadvantages analysis.
- - Compare COAs.
- - Conduct a COA decision brief.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview