Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
3 engines, 1 truck & 1 battalion
Another complement of first alarm, total 6 engines, 2 trucks, 2 battalions
Another complement added to second alarm, total 9 engines, 3 trucks, 3 battalions
Any response where a person is trapped and needs specialized equipment or personal for extrication such as vehicle rescue, water rescue or cliff rescue
- Three levels: low, medium & high.
- Response determined by wind speed, the condition of vegetation and humidity.
Canyon Rim Response
- Brush component sent to bottom (2 brush rigs, 2 engines, 1 water tender & 1 battalion).
- Structure component sent to top (3 engines, 1 truck & 1 battalion)
High Rise Responce
- Any building over 4 stories.
- 4 engines, 2 trucks, 1 light & air &2 battalions.
- All hospitals regardless of stories receive a high rise response due to potential evacuation.
- Five like pieces of equipment that, with a Strike Team Leader (Battalion) respond as a unit.
- Wildland Strike Teams made up of (type 3) Brush Rigs.
- Structure Strike Teams (type 1) Engines
- Two or more units assigned to function as a single unit for a special incident or purpose.
- May be any combination of equipment.
Airport Alert I
Aircraft approaching with minor difficulty. (Airport units respond - notify Battalion 1)
Airport Alert II
- Aircraft approaching with MAJOR difficulty.
- Airport units, Rescue 4 & BATTALION 1
- Transmit first alarm only if requested by units of the field (Rescue 1, Rescue 2, Rescue 3) or BATTALION 1.