The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Name two ways to make a stereo recording of your Pro Tools mix. (pg.222)
- Bounce to Disk.
- Internal Layback.
Describe the steps involved in making a recording using an internal mix bus. (pg.223)
- Set outputs to a new stereo bus.
- Set the input of the destination track to correspond to the bus.
- Record arm.
- Input Monitoring.
In what type of mixdown scenario would you use dither? What type of mixdown should not include dither? (pg.223)
- during a bit-depth reduction process.
- when mixing to an audio track.
In post production, how would you create separate mixes of your main stems while still monitoring all stems through the analog outputs? (pg.226)
What relationship does the Lissajous meter in PhaseScope display? (pg.229)
amplitude, phase, and pan of a given signal.
With PhaseScope, what does +1 mean on the Phase Meter? (pg.230)
positively out of phase.
What is LEQ(A) metering and in what application is it useful? (pg.230)
- A weighted equivalent continuos sound level.
- useful for dialnorm.
What is the recommended method for creating a CD-compatible file from a high sample rate session? (pg.232)
- record it internally then export.
- Use a limiter or POW-r.