Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
List the guidlines for using a sewing machine
- 1.follow instruction book
- 2.use a suitable needle and thread
- 3.remove pins before sewing
- 4.guide fabric into the machine - do not push or pull
- 5.keep the bulk of fabric to the left
- 6. check stitching after every line.
what reasons are there for the needle breaking
- 1.upper tension to tight
- 2.loose presser foot
what reasons are there for puckering
- 1. a blunt needle
- 2.Stitch to long
what reasons are there for looped stitches
- 1. upper tension to loose
- 2. bobbin incorrectly threaded
Name natural resources
- 4.fossil fuels (oli, coal and peat)
what are the effects of air pollution
- 1.acid rain which damages buildings and wildlife
- 2. Respitory problems e.g asthma
- 3. Brain damage in children
What are the global effects of ozone reduction
onzone reduction increases the risk of skin cancer and eye cataracts and also causes the planet to overheat leading to the greenhouse effect
How do you save energy in the home?
- 1. insulate house well
- 2. switch off lights and heaters
- 3. avoid blocking radiators
- 4. keep doors closed
- 5. turn down thermostats
- 6. Use CFL bulbs
suggest some practical ways in which we can help our environment
what is biodegradable
biodegradable is caple of being broken and made harmless by nature
what is the function of the ozone layer
the ozone layer protects us from the harmful rays of the sun
Give the functions of the skin
- 1.protects the body from microorganisns in the air
- 2.Prevents loss of body fluid
- 3.touch-the nerve endings near the surface of the skin are sensitive to heat/cold/pain
- 4.Remove waste through pores
What is inorganic waste
cannot be broken down by nature
What is a resource?
a resource is something that helps us achieve a goal or complete a task
what is the importance of budgeting
Budgeting is important so you do not run out of money for things you need.
Why are sauces served with food
- 1.to offset richness
- 2.to improve food value
- 3.to improve apperance
What is a roux sauce?
a roux sauce consits of equal quantities of fat and flour.
What is a consumer
A consumer is anyone who buys goods or uses services.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview