The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Albuterol Sulfate/ 2.5mg in 3ml solution
- Beta 2 agonist brochodilator; positive chronotrope
- Indications: bronchospasm; suspected symptomatic hyperkalemia with wide QRS complex
- Contraindications: severe tachycardia relative contraindication
- Dosage: 2.5mg by nebulizer, 6-8lpm O2; may be repeated twice for a total of three doses for adult and pediatric patients.
- Class I, II, III, IV antiarryhthmic; prolongation of the action potential and the refractory periods.
- Indications: Cardiac arrest with shock refractory VF/VT, stable wide complex tachycardia, following successful conversion of VT/VF
- Contraindications: 2nd or 3rd degree heart block; cardiogenic shock
- Dosage: Adult- pulseless arrest: 300mg IV bolus, repeat once 150mg IV bolus in 3-5 min.
- post arrest: 150mg IV bolus over 10 min in 50ml bag with macro set
- wide complex tachycardia: 150mg IV bolus over 10 min in 50ml bag with macro set
- Catecholamine alpha, beta1, beta2, andrenergic receptor agonist
- Indications:Pulseless arrest, anaphylaxis, asthma, bradycardia with poor perfusion
- Dosage: Adult
- Pulseless arrest: 1mg(10ml of a 1:10000 solution) IV/IO bolus, repeat every 3-5 min.
- Bradycardia/Hypotension(contact base): Infusion of 1mg in 250ml NS IV/IO infused @ 2mcg/min until desired BP of >90 mmHg systolic achieved
- Asthma: 0.3mg(0.3ml of a 1:1000 solution) IM; may repeat dose X 1
- Allergic reaction: 0.3mg(0.3ml of a 1:1000 solution) IM; may repeat dose X 1
- Severe allergic reaction refractory to IM epi.(contact base):Infusion of 1mg in 250ml NS IV/IO infused @ 2mcg/min until desired BP of >90 mmHg systolic achieved
- Alternative to racemic epinephrine: 5ml of 1:1000 solution via nebulizer x 1
- pulseless arrest: IV/IO 0.01mg/kg(0.1ml/kg of 1:10000 solution), doses repeated every 3-5 min. of the same
- bradycardia(contact base): IV/IO 0.01mg/kg(0.1ml/kg of 1:10000 solution)
- asthma: 0.01mg/kg(0.01ml of 1:1000 solution
- Mod. to Severe allergic reactions: IM 0.01mg/kg(0.01ml/kg of 1:1000)
- Anaphylaxis(refractory to IM epi)contact base: IV/IO 0.01mg/kg(0.01ml of a 1:10000 solution)
- Alternative to racemic epinephrine: 5ml of 1:1000 epinephrine via nebulizer x 1
- Indications: symptomatic bradycardia(with hypotension), 2nd and 3rd degree heart block, organophosphate poisoning
- Dosage: Adult
- Hemodynamically unstable bradycardia: 0.5mg IV/IO bolus; repeat every 3-5 min. to a maximum dose of 3mg( Stop at ventricular rate which provides adequate mentation and BP)
- Pediatric: 0.02mg/kg IV/IO bolus. Min. dose is 0.1mg, maximum single dose 0.5mg
- Stable bradycardia and Poisoning/ Overdose Contact Base
- Indications: Treatment of hemodynamically stable patients with mod. to severe pain due to trauma medical conditions abdominal pain, back pain, treatment of shivering after TIH
- Contraindications: Hypotension, hemodynamically unstable or shock; respiratory depression
- Dosage: Adult: IV/IO/IM 4mg; repeat doses of 2mg, up to 10mg;>10mg requires base contact
Alkalotic Solution, neutralizes acids in the body
- Indications: Tricyclic overdose with arrhythmias, widened QRS complex, hypotension and seizures; suspected hyperkalemic pulseless arrest(renal failure patients)
- Contraindications: Metabolic and respiratory alkalosis, hypocalcemia, hypokalemia
- Dosage: Adults and children(>10kg)- 1mEq/kg slow IV push; repeat if needed in 10 minutes