Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
In the presence of O2...
3 different stages occur:
- 1.) Glycolosis
- 2.) Kreb's Cycle
- 3.) Electron Transport Chain
Chemical form of C.R.
starting molecule for glycolosis
2 Types of Fermentation
- 1.) Alcoholic
- 2.) Lactic Acid
- * used by yeasts + other microorganisms to produce beer, wine, + CO2 for bread to rise
- * pyruvic acid+NADH->alcohol+CO2+NAD+
Lactic Acid Fermentation
- * produced in your muscles during rapid exercise
- *causes a painful burning sensation
- * pyruvic acid+NADH->lactic acid+NAD+
Celllar Respiration only occurs in the presence of...
don't do cellular respiration
One turn of the Kreb's Cycle produces:
- 1 molecule of ATP
- 4 NADH = e- carrier molecule
- 1FADH2 = e- carrier molecule
The e-'s in the carrier molecules (*) are passed to the % to convert xxx->xxx
- (*NADH, FADH2)
- % Electron Transport Chain
- x: ADP->ATP
Oxygen's role in the e.t.c. is:
- - it's the final e- acceptor in the chain
- - it's needed to get rid of (low E e-'s + H+) = wastes of CR
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview