RE - Expressing faith through what is worn
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Name something a Christian might wear? (out of choice as there are no specific requirements)
- Anyone from:
- Salvation army members often wear a uniform.
- Many decide to wear a cross/ crucifix around their neck.
- Fish symbol.
- In churches worshipers are expected to dress modestly.
Name something a Hindu might wear? (out of choice as there are no specific requirements)
- Tilak is often worn.
- The Aum symbol is often worn ona chain around the neck.
- In mandirs worshipers are expected to dress modestly and shoes are expected to be removed before entering the prayer hall.
Why do Salvation army members often wear a uniform?
To remind them that they stand for war against evil and suffering and fighting for God and salvation.
Why do Christians often wear a cross or crucifix round their neck?
To show the believers identity and as a reminder that God is always with them.
Why do some Christians choose to wear the fish symbol?
- As a reminder of ichthus (The Greek word for fish) which was said to have been used by early Christians as a secret symbol.
- It represents the belief in 'Jesus Christ, Gods son and the Saviour'
Why do Hindus sometimes wear a Tilak?
It's a symbol of a special occasion or of being married.
Why do some Hindus choose to wear the aum symbola round their necks?
It is believed to be the first sound ever spoken and therefore it is very sacred. It is considered the essence of the entire universe.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview