Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- eliminates many or all microorganisms, exception is spores.
- complete elimination of ALL microorganisms, including spores.
- Ethylene oxide
- H2O2 plasma
Critical Items that need sterilized
- Surgical instruments
- urinary catheters
Semi-critical items- High level disinfection
- ET tubes
- Anesthesia equipment
Non-critical items- disinfected
- Bed Pans
- BP cuffs
Principles to follow to ensure maintenance of asepsis
- 1. A sterile object remains sterile only when touched by another sterile object.
- 2. Only sterile objects may be placed on a sterile field
- 3. A sterile object or field out of the range of vision or below a persons waist is contaminated.
- 4. A sterile object or field becomes contaminated by prolonged exposure to air.
- 5. When a sterile surface comes in contact with a wet, contaminated surface, the sterile object of field becomes contaminated by capillary action.
- 6. Fluid flows in the direction of gravity.
- 7. The edges of a sterile field or container are considered to be contaminated.
- Surgical Mask
- surgical mask
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview