Unit 2 Module 1 Biological Molecules
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
A nucleus containing Protons and Neutrons surrounded by Electrons orbiting in fixed shells
Attraction between oppositely charged ions
The sharing of one or more electrons
A weak bond formed when partially positively charged groups come close to partially negative groups.
- A class of biological molecules with the general formula CnH2nOn, including sugars, starches, glycogen and celluloseUses include energy storage and supply, and in some organisms, structure
- The monomer is a monosaccharide
- The polymer is a polysaccharide
- A polymer consisting of Amino Acids covalently bonded together
- Uses include structure, transport, and making enzymes, antibodies and some hormones
- The monomer is Amino Acids
- The polymers are polypeptides and proteins
A diverse group of chemicals responsible for energy supply, thermal insulation, forming protective layers and membranes, providing electrical insulation in neurones and forming some hormones
Organic chemicals required for maintaining a healthy metabolism
Inorganic chemicals required for maintaining a healthy metabolism
- A polymer of nucleotide molecules that forms information molecules that carry the instructions for the life of the cell
- The monomer is nucleotides
- The polymers are DNA and RNA
A monomer consisting of a phosphate, a sugar and an organic base
A solvent used for most metabolic reactions, also used to support plant cells and transport in all life.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview