The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Name 6 treatments for genital condylomas
- Imiquimod (Aldara)
- TCA (trichloroacetic acid)
- Excision (rarely)
What virus is responsible for genital condyloma?
HPV (6 and 11)
What investigations would you perform on a female with 2 new sexual partners in the last 6 months and genital condyloma?
- Pap test of cervix
- Cervical chlamydia and gonorrhea DNA
- Hep B serology
- HIV serology
- Syphillis serology (EIA)
- (could include Hep C)
Wound healing - Name 5 host factors that can affect wound healing
- Arterial insufficiency
- Venous insufficiency
- Steroid use
- Chronic renal failure
- Extremes of age
Pt with a 5cm laceration from knife to forearm requiring sutures. List 2 anatomic features that must be assessed before wound repair
- Tendon function
- Vascular intact
- Neuro intact
Name 4 discharge instructions for post-closure wound care (after repairing laceration)
- Keep wound dry for 24-48 hours
- Removal of sutures 5-7 days (for arms)
- Return if pain, discharge, warmth, and swelling
A 1 year old Asian girl with new rash on her cheeks and chin and posterior legs. Scratching. Red papules and plaques with fine white scale. Secordary excoriations.
What will you prescribe?
Hydrocortisone 1% cream apply to rough and red areas of face and legs BID x 14 days, 20 grams R#1
1 year old Asian girl with suspected atopic dermatitis. Outline 5 recommendations for this family in the mgmt of this recurrent skin condition.
- Minimize bathing (q2d)
- Decrease duration and warmth of water
- Don't rub dry, pat skin dry
- Apply moisturizers after bath to lock moisture in
- Moisturize at least once per day
- Add 1 tsp oil to bath
- Minimize exposure to irritants and detergents
- Cover hands with mittins to reduce stratching at night
1 year old Asian girl with atopic dermatitis. Now has papular rash on face with oozing a yellow crust with some areas of erosions. What do you suspect?
1 year old Asian girl with atopic dermatitis and now yellow oozing crusts over face.
How would you treat this... name 3 options.
- Topical antibiotics:
- Bactroban cream
- Mupirocin (MRSA effective)
- Fucidin cream
26 year old male with 2 month history nonscarring bald patch on left temporal aspect of head.
Name 3 possible diagnoses.
- Alopecia areata (most likely)
- Parasitic infection (tinea capitis)
26 year old male with nonscarring bald spot on L scalp. Name 3 associated medical conditions with alopecia areata.
- (look this one up)