The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the symptoms that differentiate Exterior from Interior Syndrome?
- Exterior: Fever /w aversion
- Interior: Fever or aversion
What are the symptoms that differentiate Wind Cold from Wind Heat?
- Wind-Cold: No sweat, Tai Yang headache, dilute white sputum, white coating, tense pulse
- Wind-Heat: Sweat, Yang Ming headache, yellow sticky sputum, yellow coating, rapid pulse
Which acupoints Dispel Wind / contain Wind in their name?
- DU-16: Palace of Wind (Feng Fu)
- GB-20: Wind Pool (Feng Chi)
- BL-12: Wind Gate (Feng Men)
Which points Disperse the Lung and Release the Exterior?
- LU-7 & LI-4
- Reducing /w moxa
What is the needling direction of GB-20?
- Toward the opposite inner canthus
- Toward tip of nose
- Toward the mouth
What is the needling direction of GB-20 when used to relieve occipital headache and nasal obstruction due to wind-cold attack?
Oblique towards nose & mouth /w moxa
What is the best point for reducing body temperature?
What is the best point for sore throat?
What is the best points in the prevention of influenza?
Which Zang organs are related to chronic cough?
What is the needle technique of CV-22 for severe cough with productive sputum?
- Tap needle in first at 45°
- Curve and go in
What is the key point regarding the TCM pathogenesis of asthma?
- Constitutional tendency of phelgm
- due to climate, diet, emotions, overstrain
What does the term Xiao Chuan mean?
- Xiao - wheezing
- Chuan - dyspnea
Which Zang organs are related to Asthma?
- KI (more for dyspnea)
If a patient cannot lie flat on their back to sleep at night (requiring many pillows), then it is a sign of what?
What is the best point for asthma especially for relieving wheezing?
Ding Chuan (.5 cun lateral to DU-14)
What is the importance of CV-17 in treating asthma?
- Hui-Meeting point of Qi
- Point of Sea of Qi
What point to treat persistent asthma?
DU-12 (send to hospital immediately)
What Auricular point for treating asthma?
- Apex of Antitragus (Ping Chuan)
In Modern Research of Asthma, which point was found to improve lung function by affecting the level of plasma cAMP and hydrocortisone?
What are the main symptoms associated with Upper Respiratory Infection related to internal excessive syndrome in TCM?
- High Fever
- Chest Pain
Which points, with the use of the bleeding method, treat LU Heat?
Using the theory of combining Yuan-Source with Luo-Connecting points, which point are used to treat LU Heat?
LU-9 & LI-6
What is the Chinese term for Allergic Rhinitis?
- Bi Jiu
- *Bi Yuan - polyps / chronic inflammation
What is TCM Etiology of Allergic Rhinitis?
LU Qi↓ → Wei Qi↓ → Wind-Cold invasion → fluid retention
What are the common patterns of Allergic Rhinitis?
- LU Qi Def w/ Wind-Cold affection
- Heat Retention in the LU & ST meridians
Which points are commonly used to treat nasal problems?
What is an easy way to locate DU-23 (esp. in the case of patients with unusual or receding hair lines)?
Midpoint of Yin Tang & DU-20
What is the needle technique of LI-20 & Bi Tong?
- Through-needle starting at LI-20
- 30° towards the nose
What are Auricular points for the treatment of allergy?
- Inner Nose (for post nasal drip)
- Shen Men
- Wind Stream (a.k.a. Allergic)
What is the TCM Pathogenesis of Pulmonary Tuberculosis?
- Water Exhaustion, Earth Impairment, Metal Erosion
What is the TCM pathogenesis of Bronchiectasis?
- A deficiency complicated by excessive syndrome
- Lung Qi↓ w/ EPF Phlegm
What is the point to treat Bronchiectasis?
How do you determine whether Aphonia is "Metal Fullness" (金實無聲) or "Metal Broken" (金碎不鳴)
- Metal Fullness - Excess - due to EPF / emotional, short duration
- Metal Broken - Deficiency - due to Yin Def / overstrain of vocal cords, long duration
What are the patterns for "Metal Fullness" (金實無聲)?
- Wind-Cold restriction and Lung's inability to disperse
- Phlegm-Heat in the LU
- Qi Stagnation
What is the pattern for "Metal Broken" (金碎不鳴)?
LU & KI Def
What is the needle technique of SI-17 for the treatment of Aphonia?
- 45° towards tongue root
- *especially for tonsillitis / laryngitis
What are the most important points for Acute Respiratory Failure?