slave, Warrior, hero
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
verb; to do away with or put an end to
example: This organization is working to abolish homelessness in our community.
- verb; 1. to attack with heavy gunfire or bombs; 2. to attack forcefully or
- continuously (as with questions or requests)
- example 1: The warships threatened to bombard the capital.
- example 2: Jessica bombarded Daniel with questions about his new girlfriend.
verb; to take possession of by force, especially for military purposes
- example: Captain Wallace knew the pirates would try to commandeer his ship—and he doubted
- he could stop them.
- noun; a tiller (bar) or wheel used to steer a ship
- example: James took the helm and guided the ship safely through the crowded harbor.
- noun; the cargo space inside a boat or an airplane
- example: The ship’s hold was packed with crates of bananas.
adjective; feeling or showing an inability to believe; skeptical
- example: Sarah and Shelby were incredulous. How could the school dance be canceled? It was all
- they had talked about for weeks!
- noun; the crime of attempting to overthrow one’s government or harm or
- kill its leader, or a violation of allegiance toward one’s country or ruler
- example: Their plot to murder the king was discovered and they were convicted of treason.
- adjective; full of life and good spirits; lively
- example: “Eliza is so vivacious,” said Shannon. “Nothing can dim her spirit.”
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview