The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What was the earliest record thus far discovered containing information on Patent Medicines?
Wu Shi Er Bing Fang
What was the first book in Chinese medicine history which is devoted to Patent Medicines? How many Patent medicines where contained in this book?
- Tai Ping Hui Min He Ji Ju Fang (Formulas of the People's Welfare Pharmacy)
- 788 Patent Medicines
What is the name of one of the Treasure Medicines developed by the Wen Bing School (Seasonal Febrile Diseases School)?
- An Gong Niu Huang Wan
- Peacful PC Cow Gallstone Pills
What are the advantages of Patent Medicines?
What is the disadvantage of Patent Medicines?
What are types of Patent Medicines are contraindicated for pregnant patients?
- Moving Qi
- Dissolving Blood Stasis
- Promoting Circulation
- Strong Purgatives
What are types of Patent Medicines that are contraindicated for Yin Def / Loss of Body Fluid patients?
What are types of Patent Medicines that are contraindicated for patients with Exterior Syndromes?
What are the doses given to children for Patent Medicines that are specific to children?
- new born→1 mo: 1/3 of full dose
- 1 mo→1/2 yr: 2/3 of full dose
- 1/2 yr→1 yr: 2/3 full dose
- 1+ yr: full dose
What are the does given to children for Patent Medicines that are designed for children & adults?
- age < 3 yr: < 1/3 of adult dose
- 3→7 yr: 1/3→1/2 adult dose
- 7 yr: 1/2 adult dose
- *this is under the assumption that there are doses for children on the label