Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- a. 17th and 18th century
- b. Robert Boyleà Boyle’s law: volume of gas varies with pressure exerted on it
- i. Rejected medieval belief that all matter made of same componentsà view that matter composed of atoms
- a. Antoine Lavoisier
- i. Invented system of naming chemical elements
- ii. In helping show that water is a compound, he demonstrated the fundamental rules of chemical combination and is the founder of modern chemistry
Wife of Lavoisier
- 1. Wife, Marie-Anne, was husband’s scientific collaborator and learned English to translate British chemists for husband and engraved illustration of scientific experiments
- a. She is a reminder that women were involved in Revolution
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview