Unit 1-D Values, Ethics, Advocacy
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Ability of the client to make personal decisions, even when those
- decisions may not be in the client’s own best interest.
- Agreement that the care given is in the best interest of the client; taking
- positive actions to help others.
Avoidance of harm or pain as much as possible when giving treatments.
Keeping promises and commitments
Code of Ethics
- Set forth ideas of conduct within a group.
- They are a set of ethical principles that are agreed upon and accepted by members of a group.
Role of values in ethics
Understand and have respect for others values while maintaining your own separate values
Key steps to resolve an ethical dilemma
- 1. Is the situation an ethical dilemma?
- 2. Gather as much information as possible that is relevant to the case.
- 3. Examine and determine your values about the issue.
- 4. Verbalize the problem.
- 5. Consider possible courses of action.
- 6. Negotiate the outcome.
- 7. Evaluate the action.
Practice of ethical considerations in health care situations
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview