Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth”
- Day 1 – heavens & earth; “let there be light” light becomes Day and darkness Night
- Day 2 – firmament; dividing the waters; Heaven
- Day 3 – separated the water making Earth & Seas; vegetation
- Day 4 – sun & moon; time & stars
- Day 5 – fish & birds
- Day 6 – animals of land; man & woman
- Day 7 – God rested
- Ten Commandments
- 1-You shall have no other gods before Me.
- 2-You shall not make for yourself any carved image.
- 3-You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
- 4-Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
- 5-Honor your father and your mother.
- 6-You shall not murder.
- 7-You shall not commit adultery.
- 8-You shall not steal.
- 9-You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
- 10-You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife.
“Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”
- 1. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
- 2. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; he leadeth me beside the still water.
- 3. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
- 4. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
- 5. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
- 6. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
Psalm 37: 4
“Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart.”
- Teach me to do Your will,
- For You are my God;
- Your Spirit is good.
- Lead me in the land of uprightness.
- Trust in the Lord will all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;
- In all your ways acknowledge Him And He shall direct your paths.
To everything there is a season,A time for every purpose under heaven:
He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end.
- 9. Two are better than one, Because they have a good reward for their labor.
- 10. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, For he has no one to help him up.
- 11. Again, if two lie doen together, they will keep warm; But how can one be warm alone?
- 12. Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him.And a threefold cord is not quickly broken.
Song of Solomon 8:7
Many waters cannot quench love,Nor can the floods drown it.If a man would give for loveAll the wealth of his house,It would be utterly despised.
- But those who wait on the Lord
- Shall renew their strength;
- They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
- They shall run and not be weary,
- They shall walk and not faint.
- The I said, “I will not make mention of Him, Nor speak anymore in His name.”
- But His word was in my heart like a burning fire
- Shut up in my bones;
- I was wearing of holding it back,
- And I could not.
Jeremiah 29:11 NIV
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Ah, Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for you.
Matthew 6:9-13 KJ
- After this manner therefore pray ye:
- Our Father which art in heaven,
- Hallowed be thy name.
- Thy kingdom come,
- Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
- Give us this day our daily bread.
- And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
- And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
- For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever.
“If anyone desires to be first, he shall be last of all and servant of all.” Then He took a little child and set him in the midst of them. And when He had taken him in His arms, He said to them, “Whoever receives one of these little children in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me, receives not Me but Him who sent Me.”
“Forwhere your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
But God demonstrates His own love towards us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
- That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
- For with the heart one believes to righteousness and with the mouth confession is made to salvation.
For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil that I will not to do, that I practice.
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are “the called” according to His purpose.
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.
I Corinthians 2:9
- But as it is written:
- “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”
I Corinthians 15:57-58
But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.
I Corinthians 12:9-10
And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.
according to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death.
Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.
for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world,
I can do all things through Christ who strengthenss me.
And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.
II Thessalonians 3:3
But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one.
I Timothy 2:8
Therefore I desire that the men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.
Now faith is the susof things hoped for, the evidence of tings not seen.
looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.
"Ye have not, beacuse ye ask not"
I John 1:9
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
I John 3:16
By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
I Peter 1:17-21
And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear; knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you who through Him believe in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.
- 4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!
- 5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.
- 6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;
- 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.