Wordly Wise Book 9 Lesson 8
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
adj. Clever at dealing with difficult situations; adept; skillful.
v. To insult or to offend deliberately.
n. A deliberate insult or offensive act.
n. An activity pursued for pleasure; a hobby.
n. A prolonged, impassioned struggle for what is believed to be a just cause.
v. To engage in such a struggle.
adj. Supplying a final answer; conclusive.
n. Behavior; bearing.
adj. Having or demonstrating extensive knowledge; learned.
- v. 1. To install in office, sometimes with a formal ceremony.
- 2. To admit to a society or to military service.
- v. 1. To fall or slip from a certain level of conduct or accomplishment.
- 2. To come to an end; to expire.
- n. 1. A minor mistake; a slip.
- 2. A pause or interval.
adj. Ready to fight, especially for a cause.
n. One who is ready to fight for a cause.
n. A social outcast.
- n. 1. A person who shows remarkable talent at an early age.
- 2. An amazing or extraordinary thing or event.
- masc. n.; protégée, fem. n.
- One whose training or career is helped along by another.
- adj. 1. Rough and unpleasant to the ear.
- 2. Boisterous and disorderly.
adj. Expressed without words; implied.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview