Int. Eng. Des. Unit 6 Vocab
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- 1. Concerned with beauty or the appreciation of beauty.
- 2. Of pleasing appearance.
Symmetry in which both halves of a composition are not identical. Also referred to as informal balance.
A condition in which different elements are equal or in the correct proportions. There are three types of visual balance: symmetry, asymmetry, and radial.
The property possessed by an object of producing different sensations on the eye as a result of the way it reflects or emits light.
The state of being noticeably different from something else when put or considered together.
A basic constituent part.
Special importance, value, or prominence given to something.
- 1. Having the three dimensions of length, width, and depth. Also referred to as a solid.
- 2. The organization, placement, or relationship of basic elements, as volumes or voids in a sculpture, so as to produce a coherent image.
The principle that maintains that the human eye sees objects in their entirety before perceiving their individual parts.
The art of combining text and pictures in advertisements, magazines, books, etc.
- 1. The quality of forming a pleasing and consistent whole.
- 2. Agreement or concord.
The process of deciding what information needs to go into the graphic design, as well as how to effectively use the design elements and principles to present the information. This analysis is based on a thorough analysis of the audience.
A repeated decorative design.
A pictorial symbol for a word or phrase.
The method of formation, operation, or procedure exhibited in a given instance.
- 1. The relationship of one thing to another in size, amount, etc.
- 2. Size or weight relationships among structures or among elements in a single structure.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview