Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Hepatitis Virus Overview
- Infect and damage liver = release of liver enzymes
- Icteric sxs of jaundice
What are the 5 Hepatitis viruses?
- TypeA = infectious hepatitis
- TypeB = serum hepatitis
- NonA-NonB (NANB)
- TypeC = transfusion associated
- TypeD = delta agent, only seen in pt's w/active HepB
- TypeE = enteric (epidemic)
Viral Hepatitis Clinical Manifestations
- 1. Subclinical/anicteric = seroconversion to ID
- 2. Typical acute icteric
- 3. Fulminant = rapid progression, high fatality
- 4. Chronic = only for types B,C,D
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview