Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- has capacity of 1mL.
- Used to prepare a small amount of medications (intradermal or subq injections; precise doses for infants and young children).
holds 0.3mL to 1mL and are calibrated with units
3 parts of the needle
- the hub (fits onto the tip of the syringe)
- the shaft (connects to the hub)
- the bevel (slanted tip)
Size of needle to use for IM injections
1 to 1 1/2 inches (or longer if obese)
size of needle to use for subQ injections
- contain single doses of medication in a liquid from 1 mL to 10 mL
- MUST SNAP OFF CONSTRICTED NECK
- is an open system, therefore air DOES NOT need to be injected into it to withdrawal meds.
- Single or multidose container with a rubber seal at the top
- Contain liquid or dry form of medication
- CLOSED SYSTEM- AIR NEEDS TO BE INJECTED INTO IT TO PERMIT EASY WITHDRAWAL OF THE SOLUTION.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview