The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
objects, body part (ex: shoes, fabrics, feet)
Transvestic Fetishism, Transvestism
Opposite sex clothing for sex pleasure
Sexual sadism, sexual masochism
Dom sub, bondage discipline
When oxygen is deprived while trying orgasm
Enemas; as kids were given enemas by overly concerned moms
- Transvestic fetishism, transvestism
- Autoerotic Asphyxiation
Flashing, indecent exposure; 50% of women have been flashed
Peeping Tom's, now harder to arrest, high tech devices
Rubbing against others in public
Corpses, death, signs of serious psych disturbance
Animals; 50% of boys on farms engage in this before the age of 16, if occurs in adult, psych
Post Pubescent 13-17
Clearly explain three possible causes of paraphilia
- 1. Classical conditioning, something related to sex
- becomes linked to sex associatively until you start responding to that thing
- 2. Biological: a disturbance in a certain part of
- the brain; temporal lobe epilepsy. Researchers have found that some
- paraphiliacs have differences in brain structure and brain chemistry and
- possible lesions in certain parts of the brain.
- 3. Developmental; auditory, tactile, and visual
- stimuli we experience during childhood sex play form a template in our brain that defines our ideal lover and ideal sexual situation. If our childhood sex play remains undisturbed, development goes on toward heterosexual desires.
a. Victim Perpetrator thing.
Explain the difference between a sexual behavior preference and a paraphilia, and why the term paraphilia is controversial
- A. A preference is something someone chooses to do
- because they want; a strong liking. A paraphillia is different in the sense that the object of their desire is necessary for arousal and orgasm.
It is controversial to use paraphilia because it implies a mental illness
Explain the difference between a non-coercive/consensual and a coercive/non-consensual
- A. Noncoercive paraphillia—Do not harm others;
- engaged in with others’ permission. Coercive paraphillia—engaged in with
- nonconsenting victims