AP US History Revolution-Foundations Study Guide
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The French and Indian War as a cause of the Revolution
- *lock down
- *Great Britain wouldn't let them go East
- *Great Britain made us pay for "protection" through taxes
The Impact of British Laws and taxes as a cause of the Revolution
- *No taxation without representation
- *Stricter Laws such as the Proclamation of 1763.
Boston Tea Party
Colonists disguised as Indians boarded three British Tea Ships and threw the tea into the harbor
- in Boston, a crowd of colonists threatened a squad of British soldiers
- *The soldiers opened fire, killing five colonists, including an African American Crispus Attucks.
The long term impact of Lexington and Concord
- *Start of the Revolutionary War
- *Creation of the Declaration of Indepence
The influence of the enlightenment and natural rights on the early U.S.
- *Ideas of Government should protect the people!
- *people had natural rights
- *John locke
Impact of foreign support regarding the revolutionary war
- *Foreign support helped us win the Revolutionary war
- *French Aid.
was the people split up during the Revolutionary War.
Reasons for U.S. Victory during the Revolution
- *Foreign Aid
- * Guerrilla Warfare
- *War across the ocean
Philosophy and impact the Declaration
*Enlightenment Ideas that Government are set-up for the people
Explain the importance of Saratoga and Yorktown
- *Saratoga was where we proved ourselves and got French aid!
- *Yorktown- was the Battle where we won Independence and it was the end of the war
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview