DMV Commercial Handbook
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
How often must drivers complete a written vehicle inspection report?
Vehicles should be equipped with what emergency equipment?
- Fire Extinguisher
- Spare electrical Fuses
- Warning Devices for Parked Vehicles (i.e., 3 reflective warning triangles)
To drive a vehicle safely you must be able to control its ________ and ________.
When backing which direction must you always back in?
- The direction that gives you the best vision.
- (Backing to Driver's side allows you to see better)
Before starting down a hill.
Slow down and shift down to a speed that you can control without using the brakes hard.
When should a brake retarder be turned off?
Whenever the road is wet, icy, or snowy.
When driving, how far should ahead good drivers look?
12 to 15 seconds of travel.
About a block at lower speeds
About a 1/4 mile at highway speeds
How do you warn drivers behind you when you need to slow down?
Give a few light taps on the brake pedal
What should you use while you are stopped on the road?
What should you assume whenever you are about to pass a vehilce. pedestrian, motorcyclist or bicyclist?
that they don't see you.
How soon must you put out your reflective triangles?
Within ten minutes
Placement of warning devices for a two-lane road or on a undivided highway.
- 1. 10 ft in front or rear, and
- 2. 100 ft behind and ahead of vehicle
- 3. On the traffic side of the vehicle
Placement of warning devices for an Obstructed View. (Hill or Curve)
- 1. Within 10 feet of vehicle
- 2. Between 100 feet and 500 ft so adequate warning is given
- 3. On the shoulder or in the lane your in
Placement of warning devices on a one-way or divided highway.
- 1. 10 feet
- 2. 100 feet
- 3. 200 feet
- 4. toward the approaching traffic
Wet roads can ______ the stopping distance.
Reduce speeds by about ________ on a wet road.
How can you regain control when a vehicle hydroplanes?
Release the accelerator and push in the clutch
What is the principle way of controlling your speed on downgrades?
Using the braking effect of the engine.
What is the better to do if another driver "cuts" in front of you?
Take your foot off the gas.
What lane should you use if there are two left hand turning lanes and why?
The right side left hand turn lane because you may have to swing right to make the turn and drivers on your right may be hard for you to see.
Drivers should use high beams unless they are within _____ feet of an approaching vehicle or are following another vehicle within _____ feet.
If you must drive through deep puddles or flowing water what should you do?
- 1. Gently put on the brakes.
- 2. Increase rpm's and cross water while keeping light pressure on the brakes.
- 3. When out of the water, maintain light pressure on the brakes for a short distance to heat them up and dry them out.
How do you stop a Rear or Drive wheel skid?
- 1. Stop Braking
- 2. Turn the wheel quickly in the direction you want the vehicle to go
- 3. Countersteer as the vehicle turns back on course
Air compressor governor "Cut-Out" will be no more than?
Air compressor governor "Cut-In" will be no lower than?
Where is the safety relief valve installed at on an air brake system?
In the first tank the air compressor pumps air into.
What is the safety relief valve in an air brakes system usually set to open at?
All vehicles with air brakes must have this device designed to allow air to flow in one direction only, and is located between the air compressor and the first reservoir.
One-Way check valve
When air pressure drops in an air brake system at what pressure will spring brakes come fully on?
20 to 45 psi
Brake linings should not be thinner than the manufacturers specifications recommend. Generally, this will be?
Applied Leakage Test - The pressure should not drop more than?
3 psi for single vehicles
Low Air Pressure Warning Device Test must activate between _____ and _____.
55 psi and 75 psi
Rate of Pressure buildup should build from 85 to 100 psi with _____.
Hazardous Materials classes
- Class 1 Explosives
- Class 2 Gases
- Class 3 Flammable Liquids
- Class 4 Flammable Solids
- Class 5 Oxidizers
- Class 6 Poisonous & Etiologic Materials
- Class 7 Radioactive Materials
- Class 8 Corrosive Materials
- Class 9 Miscellaneous Hazardous Materials
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview