Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Defame / v /
The newspaper denies any intention to defame the senator's reputation
Trap / v/
- I feel trapped in my job
- Police believe the fingerprints could help trap the killer.
poise : / n /
- a calm and confident manner with
- control of your feelings or behavior
- His performance was full of
- maturity and poise.
Poise: / v/
- to be or hold something steady in a particular position, especially
- above something else
He was poising himself to launch a final attack.
Convention / n /
the way in which something is done that most people in a society expect and consider to be polite or the right way to do it tending to follow what is done or considered acceptable by society in general; normal and ordinary
It is silly to be a slave to social conventions
Conventional / adj /
I wish you weren't so conventional in the clothes you wear.
liable for / adj /等於須負法律責任
anticipate / v /
- It is impossible to anticipate when it will happen.
- Let's both try not to default on our commitments.
Default/ v /
- The player defaulted in the tournament because of her injury
Publicity / n /
- 宣傳品 /公開場合 /宣傳
- His job is producing publicity for the child welfare organizations.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview