The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The study of the body's structures.
The study of structural changes from conception to adulthood.
- The study of changes from conception to the eight week.
- Most birth defects occur during the embryologic stage.
Examines the structural features of cells.
Examins tissues, which are cells and the materials around them.
The study of structures that can be examined without a mircroscope.
The study of the body system by system.
The study of the body reagion by region.
The study of the external form of the body and its relation to deeper structures.
- Uses technologies to create picture of internals structures.
- Radiography, ultrasound, magnetic resonance imaging,
- The study of processes or functions of living things.
- How body structures work.
Examines the processes of cells.
The study of the organ systems.
The study of how the nervous system works.
The study of hoe the cardiovascular system works.
- The study of diseases.
- Emphasizes the cause and development of abnormal conditions and the structural and functional changes resulting from disease.
Focuses on the changes in function and in structure caused by exercise.
Six levels of organization
- 1. Chemical level
- 2. Cell level
- 3. Tissue level
- 4. Organ level
- 5. Organ System level
- 6. Organism level
Consists of atoms and molecules.
Molecules form organelles, such as the nucleus and mitochondria, which make up cells.
A group of similar cells and the materials surrounding them.
Composed of two or more tissue types that perform one or more common functions.
Organ System Level
A group of organs that perform a common function or set of functions.
- Any living thing considered as a whole.
- May be composed of one cell or trillions.
How an organism’s parts interact and relate to each other.
The chemical relations in an organism.